A Little Bit of Me

This blog is to share a Little Bit of me, my life my work and my interests.

Sunday 15 April 2012

Stanford le Hope Churches Together


   

Today has been a really good day, firstly I am feeling a lot better and have more energy. Which is just as well because the salvation Army in Stanford le Hope hosted the Churches Together service this afternoon. The hall was nearly full and it was good to see people from many of the Churches in the surrounding area.

I led the worship and also had the privilege of preaching, I spoke on the Disciples on the Emmaus Road, and how they journeyed together, how they journeyed with Jesus, and how they recognized Jesus in the ordinary everyday world. The challenge was given that as Churches we should not work in isolation but that we should work together as we all belong to God's family. Encouragement was given to walk the journey with each other, to walk the journey with Jesus, and to look for Jesus in the ordinary as well as the extraordinary.

Our special guest speaker was Betty Makoni who lives in Stanford le Hope, she spoke about her work of empowering women around the world, and her charity The Girl Child Network. She was very interesting and people were encouraged and challenged by what she had to say.

I am now settling down to watch one of my favourite TV programmes that being Silent Witness.

No comments: